The North Bros. Catalog describes this drill
“Yankee” Breast and Hand Drills stand alone in ingenuity and
They not only save time and labor, compared with
other tools for the same purpose, but these “Yankee” drills
work in ways and places where no other drilling tool can be
worked at all.
Even where you have but an inch or so in
which to move crank, the drill may be operated either right
or left ratchet, or double ratchet; and with either of two
The No. 1545 is the two speeds hand drill. The length is l6
inches. Five ratchet adjustments.
The reversible gearing mechanism has five separate
ratcheting settings for: Plain Drill, Left-handed Ratchet,
Right-handed Ratchet, Double Ratchet, and Gears Locked.
Three jaw chuck holds
round drill bits up to 3/8 inch. Side handle has
screw-driver blade to fit all screws in the tool.
Frame is malleable iron, with black finish. The trust on
spindle is taken by a hardened steel ball bearings in upper
part of the frame, and arranged that any wear can be readily
taken up. Spindle is of steel.
Polished hardwood handle can be detached from frame by milled nut to use interior of
handle as a magazine for drills.
Price: $395.00Item #: NB-1545-00
Here are pre-order steps - send email to
email@example.com with the following info:
1. Please confirm the drill you want. Include the Item # (NB-1545-00) from
2. I will send you an invoice through PayPal for the drill and shipping.
3. I will need your email for the PayPal account if you have one. Even if you
don't, you can still pay there with a credit card.
4. I will need your zip code.
5. Please include your phone number.
6. Please pay charges using PayPal and link in the invoice email.
7. I will put you on the waiting list as soon as I receive your payment.
8. The drill will be shipped to you within 45 to 49 weeks. For multiple items
order, please add 2 weeks for each additional item. The waiting list is long.