adventure with bit braces begun very early for Millers Falls Co. In fact, even before the name of
Millers Falls Co. existed. In 1864 Levi J. Gunn
and Charles H. Amidon, founders of the Gunn, Amidon & Company, purchased
patent rights from William Barber for his "Holder for
Bits and Other Tools" - patent No. 42,827-05/24/1864.
This early investment propelled them into tool
making business and establishment of the Millers Falls Company.
This page is
WORK IN PROGRESS