Millers Falls No. 2 hand drills built between 1929 and 1938 were
all based on a frame with reinforced spindle housing.
During this almost ten-year period, many details of this drill
changed. At the beginning of 1930s the company began
manufacturing parts for this drill that later became a standard
on two-pinion drills introduced in 1938.
Some of those parts were wide crank plate and chef’s cap side
The wooden handles were also made in different wood
species and finished in various ways.
The drill presented here is one of these examples. The crank and
main handle (head) is made in Cocobolo. The side handle is a
"Mushroom" shape, made in stained domestic hardwood. These parts
follow previous models.
However, the crank plate is a departure from tapered shape into
a wide plate, later used on 1938 models.
The marking on the plate has a triangular logo and reads:
Millers Falls, Mass. Made in USA.
Production year is ca. 1930.